Monday, January 5, 2015

2015 is here: life and Ava updates!

Happy New Year! I am beyond ready to get this year started. It seems like so much has changed since I last posted. Ava started walking at 19 months, finally. I kind of gave up trying to blog about anything or make any YouTube videos after that, because it seems like I never had the time! I am constantly keeping up with her, playing, and it seems like we are always on the go. When she naps, I do the housework and prep for dinner. I have a hard time getting anything productive done when she is up and on the go. She seems to be getting more into independent and pretend play, so I'm hoping I will have more time to dedicate to this in the near future. Update on life: Josh and I haven't really had a conversation about when we are going to try again for another baby. I feel like its coming soon, maybe this year. After the 2 losses last year, I just haven't felt ready. My heart can't handle another loss so soon. I've put all my time and devotion into spending every second with Ava and making lots of memories. We had a great summer, fall and Holiday Season. I'm really excited to see what this year holds. Now that Ava is older and loves to play outside, we are going to have so much fun when the weather is warm again. We plan to finish our basement this year and turn it into kind of a man-cave/playroom/den. I've worked on de-cluttering that area to free up room so we can begin putting up insulation and drywall. I'm so excited to get this project done. I've signed up to be a consignor with a local consignment sale we have here twice a year. My goal is to sell items I really did not use with Ava that I know I won't need again, plus lots of her clothes that she has outgrown, and use that money to put towards the supplies we need to get started. I've had a lot of fun looking at ideas on what to do on Pinterest. I think we may start trying to potty train Ava again this month. I tried before Christmas. We did the no diapers or panties trick with the potty in the living room, and just took cues from her and put her on the potty when we knew she was about to go. Well, she never gives any signal of when she has to pee... like no warning at all. It just free flows, lol. She peed in the floor a lot that day. We do know when she needs to poop, though. On the first day she actually sat down and pooped on the potty. I almost fell over. I had no idea she even did it until I got up to take the dogs out and looked in her little potty. She didn't tell me or anything! Her reward was 2 M&Ms for a poop and 1 M&M for a pee (we were unsuccessful at getting her to pee in the potty). The 2nd day, she absolutely refused and said "no potty". I just took it as a sign that she wasn't ready, and I didn't want to force her, so we just gave up. I am ready to try again though. Some days she will say "no diaper, pee in the potty", but its on a day when we have to go somewhere and I don't want to go back and forth. I feel like I need to be constant the next time we try, so I'm going to plan it around a time when I know we don't have to leave the house for a few days. She got 30 pairs of panties for Christmas that she really loves, so I'm hoping that will motivate her. She goes to the potty with me all the time, so I know she knows what its for, it's just a matter of getting her to do it herself and get her to tell us when she has to go. I'll update on how it goes when we try again.

2 comments: