Monday, March 2, 2015

snow and a Young Living update.

Ugh! After almost 2 weeks straight of snow on the ground here in East Tennessee, it has finally melted off. We have had some frigid temps, close to 0 degrees and "thunder snow" and lots of snow. I think the most we got was 7 inches. It finally warmed up a little a couple of days ago and rained today and it mostly melted off. We haven't seen this much snow and ice in a while. It may not sound like a lot, but for the South, it is. School has been out for 2 weeks straight. Josh is luckily pretty good at driving in this crap, so he didn't miss any work due to it, but I am terrified of driving in those conditions. Ava and I mainly stayed home for 2 weeks. I got out maybe twice with her. We were going stir crazy! She kept asking to "go bye-bye", lol.

In other news, after Josh having the same truck since I met him in 2007, he finally sold "old yeller" on Saturday and we went and picked up a new (to him) 2010 Ford F150. He is SO happy, and I am so glad we got such a great deal and he got to upgrade it. I am also happy that both of our vehicles still fit in the garage, haha. I was so worried that going from his little Ranger to the F150 that we wouldn't both be able to park in the garage anymore. We did have to switch places, but we can both still park in there.

I've still been using my Young Living EOs, and I am LOVING them. I can't explain how well my EndoFlex is working for me. I have Hypothyroid, and my medication was just reduced because I've lost some weight since my last Endo visit. I hope to keep losing weight, and with the assistance of my oils, hope my dosage keeps going down at each visit. I've been doing a lot of research on my thyroid, and how foods can affect it as well. I would really love to eventually move into a Paleo diet, but I'm not sure I can do it. I would really have to do a Whole30 clease, and then just gradually ease into it. My number one goal is to get completely off of my Levothyroxin. So, I'm sure you're wondering how I know it's doing something for me. Several things I've noticed are (some may be TMI,  but I'm throwing it all out there), weight loss, presence of fertile cervical mucus, overall better digestive health & bowel movements, actual ovulation pain (that I haven't had in close to a year), I'm maintaining a regular 28 day cycle, and my moods have been a lot better.

I'm constantly using my diffuser and my oils for something on a daily basis. Anytime anyone gets a cut or scrape, I pull out the Lavender. I knicked my leg shaving in the shower yesterday, got out and cleaned it up and put the Lavender on it... I didn't even feel the cut anymore! It really does help with the pain. I've also used it for a burn and it didn't leave a scar. I love putting Lemon, Grapefruit and Orange in my water (be sure to only use glass, and I will say I only recommend ingesting Young Living oils, I can't vouch for other companies' oils). It tastes SO good and is really refreshing.

I have my first Essential Oils 101 class scheduled for March 20th. I am so nervous because I am definitely not a person likes to speak in front of people I don't know. I've been doing a lot of research on how to present everything, so wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment