Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Struggles and a Fun Update.

I get so frustrated with how expensive it is to eat healthy. We are a working middle class family living on one income. Our bills are paid, but we don't usually have a lot of money for extra things and lots of fun stuff. Since we've started making healthier choices, our grocery bill has gone up significantly. It's just not fair that anything that is good and healthy for you is so much more expensive than the crappy $1 cheeseburger you can get on a value menu. No wonder most Americans are obese.

Luckily, my in-laws have a small garden and they grow a lot of vegetables that we eat. The butter lettuce has been my favorite thing that they've grown this year. That's saved a lot. One head of that at Walmart is close to $4. The bagged stuff always goes bad within a day or 2 and that is usually $3.

Ground turkey isn't too awfully expensive, considering I'm the only one in the house that is eating it right now (still haven't got my husband on board with that).

We've just been a little strapped lately and I haven't been able to get everything I need at the store for my healthier recipes, so I've been slacking a little with my healthy options. I've done good and not opted for any fast food though. I'm sticking to that! I've just had more carbs than I've needed over the past few days and I'm feeling guilty about it. I did great with the first 10lbs, and I'm kind of just maintaining that loss and not losing any more. I haven't been to the gym as much as I was the first month, but I am keeping up with doing workouts at home. I am working out a minimum of 4x per week whether I make it to the gym or not.

So in other news, we have a major film currently filming in Knoxville right now. It is called Dog Years, starring Burt Reynolds, Ariel Winters (freaking Sofia the First and Alex Dunfee!! lol) and Chevy Chase. I have a friend who is an actor and he was helping out a friend to get extras for the film. I thought it sounded fun, so I sent in my info and I WAS PICKED! I know being an extra doesn't seem like anything big, because I mean who really pays attention to those people, right? BUT, I am super excited about it. I go to film Friday, so I will be sure to do a YouTube video about my experience - I'll try to film there as much as I can, or just vlog about it later. My best friend got picked as well, so at least I'll have someone to talk to and spend time with.

No comments:

Post a Comment