Sunday, April 21, 2013

almost 6 months.

I hate that my default font is Comic Sans. Worst. Font. Ever.

Ok, now that is out of my system... I feel like I always start off every new post with "oh man I can't believe Ava is ___ old already", but seriously... she is almost 6 months. It feels like I just left the hospital with her yesterday! 

I finally got to break out the Baby Bullet and make up a few purees for her to try. I did this at around 4.5 months, but just haven't posted about it yet. She LOVES sweet potatoes, yellow squash, zucchini, avocados, and bananas. She will eat, but isn't so fond of green beans. She hated the rice cereal, but loves the Gerber Organic Oatmeal. I've had so many people judge me for starting solids so early, but she started showing the signs, so I did it. She took right to it and we haven't looked back! I really enjoy making her food and feeding her. Not only is it cost effective, but it is SO much healthier, too!  I can make 6-8 servings of veggies for the price of 1 jar of food, so why not? We have also introduced the wagon wheels. They are a bit messy, but they keep her busy when I'm trying to cook dinner in the evenings. I just put her up on the counter in the Bumbo with the tray, a couple of toys and a wagon wheel (apple flavored), and she is good to go! 

I also must gush about my new-found obsession... JuJuBe bags. Oh my. I've been a bag person for as long as I can remember. When I got pregnant I really didn't think much about what kind of diaper bag I wanted and everything I would carry. Someone might want to sign me up for "Overpackers Anonymous" eventually. Well, when Ava was about 3 months I was already on my 3rd diaper bag and I still wasn't happy. I started trying to find the "perfect" bag for me. I was browsing bags on my Poshmark app and came across a JuJuBe Between and thought, hm, that's cute. After some negotiating I got the seller down to a reasonable price and bought it. I started watching diaper bag packing videos on YouTube and everything. I got the bag and loved it, but I knew I still wanted the BFF bag because it was bigger and more my style. Well, I got such a killer deal on the Between bag ($30 for a $100 bag) that Josh said I could make a trip to BuyBuyBaby (new favorite store) and get the BFF for myself since I was so convinced it was "the one". I just got it last Thursday and I LOVE it! We went to a college football game on Saturday (TN Orange and White game - we played ourselves, but it was still fun to watch) and I carried everything but the kitchen sink. I am so happy that I finally found a bag that I love. Here are some pictures of us this past Saturday (my bag is hanging off of the stroller):








I also wanted to throw in an Easter picture since I didn't do a post about that either:

 

2 comments:

  1. OK, its been so long since I had posted a blog entry that I forgot that I did post a little about the baby bullet and starting some solids! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great looking family! I know what you mean about finding a good diaper bag. I hated the first couple I had and finally found a good one with the Vera Bradley make a change baby bag. I've heard the JuJuBe bags are really nice!

    ReplyDelete