Monday, April 14, 2014

charlotte trip.

Wow, guys! I'm sorry its been over a week since I've posted! Ever since we got back from Charlotte we have been going non-stop.

We arrived in Charlotte on Friday, checked into our amazing hotel (Omni Charlotte) and went out searching for something to eat. I had no idea that our hotel was literally right in the center of everything! We had such a great time, we ate some wonderful food, had a few good drinks ;) and saw some live music while we were there. We also visited the Nascar Hall of Fame. I unfortunately didn't take a whole lot of pictures. We were so caught up with everything and just having a great time with one another! Some of our favorite restaurants/bars we went to: Whiskey River, Howl at the Moon, Ale House and Tin Roof. Here are some of the pics we did manage to take:


























We also got to stop by Ikea on our way home... it was my first time. Oh.. my.. gosh..
We spent $100, but got SO much stuff. I got a nice shelf for our bedroom, an art easel for Ava, 2 spice rack shelves for the kitchen, a kitchen utensil holder, 2 drawer organizers, a set of glass jars for our bathroom, a pack of chip clips, a pack of kitchen storage bags, 2 large blue Ikea bags, and a set of storage boxes. I feel like I'm forgetting something... oh well. It was amazing, and we do plan on making a trip there again when we are ready to purchase a new entertainment center and mattress. Here is a pic of my meal in their restaurant:





2 days after we got home, I got a FedEx delivery. I opened it up and this was inside. WHAT?? Yes, Josh bought me a MacBook Pro for our 5 year anniversary. He is awesome. I was so surprised. I had been wanting one forever, but it was definitely not in our budget. He lucked up and got a GREAT deal on a refurbished one. It looks brand new and came with a Speck case and a keyboard cover. I'm writing this post on it now. I can't believe I'm an owner of a Mac, finally! I'm still learning. I've never used one before, and going from Windows to this has taken some getting used to for sure, but I'm so excited to learn everything I can!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment